Are you ready for a RIDE?!! Oh Yeah!! The E-Team is featuring the creative genius that is
Wendy Vecchi! Her theme is "Make Art!" and believe me, her line of Art Parts and stamps will get your creative juices flowing!
Of course, no E-Team Blog Hop would be complete without some wonderful prizes!! Two random winners will be chosen from all the comments left on the E-Team blogs to receive 1 new Studio 490 stamp set, Art Parts Square & Rectangle Frame and some other fun surprises.
One more winner will be chosen on the eP Blog....you must leave a comment about your favorite mother's day gift you have either received or gave to your mom. The eP Blog winner will receive a $25 voucher to eclectic Paperie to spend on goodies of your choice!
You will have from Friday until Sunday night to blog hop and leave your comments. The winners will be posted on eP Blog Monday. Good Luck!
P.S. OOOOO!! Daisy is putting Wendy's stamps (aka Studio 490), both new and old on sale at 10% off. Aaaand! Art Parts will also be 10% off. NO EXCUSES!! Time to "Make Art!" as Wendy says!!
I decided that it was time for the Art Parts to Meet Metal.
What a fun meeting!! The two combined have LIMITLESS possibilities. This is only one:
I think you can click on the photo to see the picture in a larger format
I actually started with the flower pedestal table, which is made up of a variety of Art Parts. The flower was covered in TenSecond Studio's Dijon metal and embossed with TSS's Kabuka #18. I then swiped some of Jenni Bowlin's Red Pepper paint across the metal and wiped it off with a damp paper towel.
The "stem" of the flower/table was done in Poison Ivy metal. The vine was done free hand. The base of the table is Dark Chocolate metal that I used one of the decorative wheels on and then sanded with the finishing block to remove the color from the raised areas.
Sorry for the dark photo. Had a HECK of a time trying to get a decent photo of all this metal without glares!!
I hunted through all my stuff and could just not find the type of vase that I needed to fit the idea of this project. So, I created my own vase out of the Clearly for Art Blackout modeling film.
Hint: make a template out of scratch paper first. You can make adjustments to your template as needed, eliminating the trial and error on your modeling film. Measure twice and cut only once!!
I will admit that it was a little tricky to try and hold the film, heat it and mold it all at the same time. May I recommend possibly the Plaid Hot Glue Gun Helpers? I think that this is a MUST have on wish list! I'm sure that my singed digits will be forever grateful too!!
The flowers were die cut from TSS's Dijon and Spiced Rum metal, using the Tattered Florals die. Free hand squiggles and a small decorative wheel were used to emboss the metal. Again, the finishing block was used to remove the color off of the raised areas to add texture.
The flowers were adhered with hot glue to a couple of Art Part flower stems that had been painted with acrylic paint.
The small leaves are die cut using the leaf from Spellbinders Daisy Head out of TSS's Poison Ivy metal. The large leaves were free hand cut from Whiteout modeling film. I painted both sides of the film with green acrylic paint then heated and molded the leaves.
The smallest black butterfly was made using a Martha Stewart punch on some Rock Star Black metal. Free hand squiggles and a small decorative wheel were used to emboss the two different layers. I used a bit of Clearly for Art Modeling film to suspend the butterfly above the flower.
The two larger butterflies were die cut from Peacock metal with my new mover's and shaper's Mini Butterflies. I used a couple of different Cuttlebug embossing folders on the meta, and sanded off the color with the finishing block. The metal was attached to black modeling film by the body only. After heating and molding, some self adhesive pearls were added. The butterfly near the base of the vase was suspended from more clear modeling film.
And the final project again
'Till next time...............I think Wendy says it best: