The E-Team is bringing you another episode in the Get Distressed series! Today the focus is on different ways to use the Distress Reinkers and the Distressed Stains. Of course, Daisy is offering lots of goodies to make getting Distressed so easy!! hehe
2 fun prizes for this blog hop! 2 Distress Stains, 2 Re-inkers, 3 yards each of Maya Road lace trims plus 6 inches of Maya Road Large Organza Rose;
To be eligible to win, visit and comment on each E-Team member blog post;
( Linda is sitting out this hop!)
( Linda is sitting out this hop!)
Starla Nelson (that's me!)
You will have from Tuesday-Thurs to leave a comment; Winners will be posted on eP blog Friday, April 8th.
HOLD ON! THERE'S MORE!!
Daisy is offering some wonderful savings at eclecticPaperie!
Re-Inkers - 10% off
Perfect Pearls - 20%(includes kits & individual colors)
Distressed Bundle (won't probably ship until next week)
eP Bundle - This is a special bundle for this blog hop: 2 Distress Stains, 2 matching Re-inkers, a mini mister, 2 yds of seam binding and some lace trims, too.
Now that we've got all the yummy goodies out of the way, LET'S GET DISTRESSED!
I was blog cruising one day and came across Lin's idea to combine the Distress Stains and some paints (I don't have the specific paint she was using, but I DO have lots of acrylic paints!). So, here is my version of her technique:
Supplies: Tag, acrylic paint (in a light color), 2-3 Distress Stains.
Grab a tag and apply a somewhat dry coat of acrylic paint. I used Folk Art's Spring White. Don't completely cover the tag.
Next, apply your lightest color of Distress Stain in some random streaks along your tag. Here I used Antique Linen. Take a paper towel while the ink is still wet and "blend" it into the tag.
Apply your next color the same way. This time I used Distress Stain in Weathered Wood
Again, use a paper towel to blend the Stain into the tag.
Your tag is then ready to use as your background!! WARNING: THE PICTURES YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE DOES not UTILIZE THE ABOVE TAG. While playing around with different color combinations, inspiration was struck to use a different tag. But I didn't have photos. And, I KNEW you'd want photos.
The tag background was created using a combination of Distress Stains in Wild Honey and Fired Brick. Instead of making my streaks vertical, I went horizontal. I then spritzed the tag heavily with Glimmer Mist Tuscan Sun. In real life, there is a pink/orange shimmer to the tag that I could not capture in my photo. After the tag had dried, I stamped one of the flourishes from Marah Johnson's Art & Soul with Distress Walnut Stain. The sentiment is from TenSecond Studio's Life, and was stamped with Archival Jet Black ink.
Then I made another wonderful discovery using the Distress Stains. I pulled out Wendy's Art Part frames and painted a coat of Claudine Hellmuth's Sable Brown acrylic paint onto the frame (have I ever mentioned how wonderfully silky this paint is?!! Lovely stuff!). I felt the frame was just a little too "brown" and grabbed the Fired Brick Distress Stain and applied it over the dried paint. Perfect for adding that bit of red tint!!
FYI: The Distress Stains also work great applied directly to the Art Parts! Yes, there is now another red frame just waiting to be made into another project!
Finally, I had to add some metal! If you don't have a piece of metal the color that matches your project, just make your own! I started out with TenSecond Studio's Kiss Me Pink metal that was die cut using the Tattered Florals die. Then, after scribbling on them with my pointy refiner, I applied two coats of Mountain Rose alcohol ink (allow the ink to dry between coats or you will just pull off the color).
I layered the Daisy pieces, curling the petals to my liking. I then cut tiny strips to the middle of the six petaled flower, which makes the strips curl up. A large pearl was colored with my black copic for the center. E-6000 glue holds everything together. The leaves were die cut with Sizzix's Branch w/leaves out of Poison Ivy metal. I used the small butterfly punch from MS on Rock Star black metal and scribbled some lines that were lightly sanded. The butterfly was suspended by cutting a thin strip of Wendy's Clearly for Art Modeling film and winding it around a pen to make my spring. Here are a couple of close up pictures:
Finally, the butterfly at the top of the frame was cut with SU's Beautiful Butterflies die out of Rock Star Black metal. The metal was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder (swiss dots) and lightly sanded. I then die cut another butterfly the same size out of the clear Clearly for Art modeling film. I stamped it with Archival Jet Black ink with a Stampendous music stamp. I attached only the bodies of the two butterflies with some Hummungo tape and heated the modeling film so that I could bend the wings over the metal. Half back pearls were colored with a copic marker for both butterflies.
And the final outcome again:
I hope you enjoyed yet another week of being Distressed! 'Till next time.................