Monday, December 14, 2009

Peaceful Thoughts

Here is the last tag that I plan on completing for the 12 Tags of Christmas on T!m Holtz's blog.  I've been having a BLAST with all the different techniques but I've got to get some other things done around here!! LOL! I usually have Christmas Eve dinner at my house and let's just say that I am NO where ready for that to happen and I have to work all this next week!! YIKES!!

Enough of my blabber (not to be confused with my blubber....that is another topic entirely!! hehe).  This tag was inspired by Day 11 on T!m's blog



I just realized that the way I place the reindeer near the flourish,  it looks like he is sticking out his tongue at the snowflakes!! BWHHAAAA!!! Maybe he is trying to catch the flakes on his tongue!!

The background was created by smearing Distress Inks in Peeled Paint and Pine Needles onto my craft sheet and misting with water then laying the tag into the droplets.  I repeated this several times and could not get  a look I liked, so I misted with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Old Olive (I'm tellin' ya....I just love the soft shimmer this gives to projects!!).  After heat setting, I stamped the Classic Accents flourish from Tattered Angels with Aged Mahagony.  The snowflakes came from SU's Christmas Punch set and were stamped with Distress Pine Needles.  I then stamped the reindeer from Rubbernecker onto grunge paper using versamark and then embossed with black ep.  I cut out the image and inked it with Distress Fired Brick (since I'm all about disclosure, let me say that this is the SECOND reindeer.  The first reindeer had a serious mishap with too much Pearl glimmer mist, then Apple red glimmer mist.  Let's just say that it IS possible to have to much shimmer!! snort).  I found some glitter snowflake that I believe I picked up at Michael's after last Christmas season and attached using glue dots.  The reindeer is on dimensionals. 

I REALLY wanted to use a rub on that said "peaceful wishes" to fill in that blank spot by the reindeers chest.  I had cut it out the other day for consideration to use on a previous tag.  For the life of me, I CAN'T FIND THE STINKIN' LITTLE BUGGER anywhere now!!  So, the spot remains blank.  I'm hoping that the rub on will turn up.  But if not, oh well!!! That is just how it is going to have to be!!

I have most of my Christmas shopping done, but need to bake some goodies for my oldest DS's extra teachers (he has his main teacher, but has a different teacher for computer, math and of course, band and handbells).  And probably I should attempt to start cleaning my house for Christmas Eve!! 

Thanks for dropping by again!!  I'll be back later this week!! (seriously!! hehe....I have a CUTE idea for name cards for my table setting!! I don't usually use them (as everyone knows each other in the family, hehe) but I got this idea brewin' and I think I need to try it!!)

No comments: