Don't you just LOVE this image? The girls at work gave me a gift certificate to Michael's for my birthday and as I was walking up to the cashier to make my purchace, I saw this stamp by Inkadinkado on one of center aisle displays!! And wouldn't you know it~~it jumped right into my cart!!
Now this stamp made it very easy to make this tag...all the "extras" are pretty much on the stamp already!! I first stamped the image using Jet Black Archival Ink onto the tag. I had thought about using my ever trusty stampamajig to make sure I aligned the stamp straight. You'll notice I talked myself out of that much needed step as I managed to stamp the image slightly crooked! PLEASE!! What was I thinking?!! I can't write my name straight without lines, did I really expect to be able to stamp this straight?!! BUT!! I got lazy and decided that it will only bother me and DH ('cause he makes it his purpose in life to notice my off layers, stamping and such!!). I then made a mask around the face/lettering so that I would not cover them when I did the stamping of the flourish (Tattered Angels Regal Classic Accents Clear Stamp...another new "birthday" gift I picked up with the LSS gift certificate that DH gave me!!). I used some Folk Art acrylic paint in Spring white, brushing it on my clear stamp (I just made sure I washed the stamp in warm water immediately after stamping). I did not heat set the paint as it dried while I was washing out my brush/stamp. I then inked the image, avoiding the center of Santa's face with Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint and Pine Needles. I took a damp cloth and wiped off the inks over the painted swirls and then misted the entire tag with Tattered AngelsGlimmer Mist in Pearl. After heat setting the mist, I applied distress sticles in Fired Brick and Peeled Paint to the holly on Santa's hat. Let's just say that I need to work on some fine motor skills when it comes to applying stickles!! GEESH!! I got that stuff globbed on!! I finally got wise and let the stickles dry over night (after smearing them and having to apply even MORE stickles to cover up my mistake!) and attached the ribbon and the foilage embellishment in the corner.
Bonus time again for you!! I actually made a tag that was inspired by Day 8.
I do not have the lamp image that T!m used (tho, I have seriously considered it several times....one of these days I'm expecting it to make it into my cart!). BUT!! I do have the Christmas Lantern by Just for Fun Stamps (sorry, I cannot link directly to the stamp...my wonderful computer (HATE this thing!!) REFUSES to go past the home page. The number for the stamp is D2747). But this stamp is only the top of the lamp....it does not have the post. So I stamped the image on scratch paper drew out a simple post (ok....I'll admit that I drew out a more elaborate post but it did not fit the clean lines of the stamp image. Sooooo, I modified to a more simple version) and cut out the entire paper image. I then stamped the top of the lamp onto grunge paper using versamark ink and embossed using black EP. I then placed my paper image over the lamp and traced the lamp post using my versamarker and then heat embossed. Finally, I added a few defining details with the marker and embossed those as well. The "fine" tip of the versamarker was still wider than I wanted the lines for the post to be, so when I cut out the image from the grunge paper, I just trimmed off some of the embossing. I then cut off the holly leaves off my paper lamp and used it as a mask so that I could ink the grunge holly with Distress Peeled Paint and Pine Needles. I applied the Distress Stickes in Fired Brick to the berries and then carefully sponged the lamp using a q-tip and Distress Black Soot (you'd think I'd learn to leave such things as stickles for LAST!!). I colored the flame using my SU markers and applied a thick layer of Ranger Glossy Accents to the "window" to give it that glass appearance.
I inked up my tag with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap and made the water drops like T!m shows. I stamped the flourish from Tattered Angels Classic Accents with Aged Mahogany (love this color combo btw!!). The music score is by Stampendous and was stamped onto vellum using Archival Jet Black ink. I then sponged the vellum with Antique Linen and heat set (***Just a note: this will cause the paper to smoke some as the ink is heat set into the vellum). I tore the now brittle vellum and sponged with Antique Photo. Curled the edges and applied to the tag using vellum tape. The lampost was attched using dimensional tape. I then sponged antique linen and frayed burlap onto a small tag, stamped the sentiment from SU's Christmas Punch using Aged Mahagany and had to cut out the oval by hand as it would seem I have neglected to add this punch to my tools!!
Well, I hope you are enjoying my takes on T!m's wonderful creativity!! I have one more tag that I HAVE to do so I'm off to work on that now!!