Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a Plaid Christmas

Just like the one's that T!!!!m showwwed!!

Welllll....not exactly!  But here is my TAKES (yes!! Bonus today! I have TWO tags to share!!) on Day 3 of the 12 Tags of Christmas (yes, yes.  I know that I've skipped Day 2....I'm still thinking on that one!)




This technique is VERY ADDICTING.  I have multiple plaid sheets done just waiting for some inspiration!! I'd share with you what colors of alcohol inks I used, but, uhhhh,....welllll....it would seem that I just kept grabbing inks, and trying different color combinations and in all honesty...I don't remember which one this was!!
After making my plaid on glossy cardstock (NOT photo paper!!)I stamped  my image from SU's Lovely as a Tree using Stazon White ink and embossed with iridescent ice ep.  I then stamped the swirl from SU's Season of Joy using Stazon Black.  Pulled out the forgotten Itty Bitty Backgrounds from SU, tapped it on the white Stazon and got caught in a blizzard!! The image was then mounted on a basic black and adhered to he vanilla tag that has some Distress ink in Pine Needles, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo sponged onto it.  Needed something and since I was lacking in the wonderful embellishments that T!m used, I added some antiqued eyelets and the ribbon in grey and black. 

Now~~this next tag is SOOOO much better in real life!! It even got a "That turned out really cool" from DH!!  This is my FAVORITE tag so far!!



Using another plaid sheet that I had made (I tell you! This is a very addictive technique!!) I stamped the image from Inkadinkado using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and heat set (because this ink will smear on glossy if handled too soon......ask me how I know!!).  I trimmed the image (it has words running along the top and one side) and matted on basic black.  I then pulled out Distress inks in Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Pine Needles and Peeled Paint and did the wrinkle free distress technique.  I then spritzed the tag with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Old Lace.  It gives a beautiful, soft shimmer!! I then pulled out my Olive Vine Glimmer mist and sprayed some on Whisper White and Old Olive paper and punched the leaves from both sheets using a Martha Stewart punch.  The berries are some 1/2 back pearls from SU's Pretties Kit, colored with my copics.  Added a couple of 26 gauge copper wire twists and the copper cording for the top. 

If you are playing along with the 12 Tags of Christmas, leave me a comment so that I can see were your inspiration is taking you!! And if you aren't playing along but are crankin' out the holiday goodies, leave me a comment so I can see what you are doing!!

I'm off to try and find the motivation to do some house cleaning.  I'm having waaaay too much fun stamping these last couple of days, but I've got to get some basic chores done!!

Thanks for dropping by again!! 

6 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Oh very cool, and I love the new look of your blog!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

These are fabulous, Starla.

Creative Genealogy Scrapbooking said...

You are doing an awesome job! I wish I had the tools to do some of those cool techniques. Your blog looks great! I love the background.

Rowena (craftsbyrowena.com)

Carolyn King said...

great job on all those tags....lovin them!

Primitive Seasons said...

Starla, I love your tags and you've got that plaid technique down pat! It's really fun isn't it?

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

kaiandkristi said...

Those are awesome!! Good job!