I wish that some of the very subtle details would show up better (btw: I'm still taking applications for a photographer!!). I cut the images from a couple of the plaid sheets that I had stamped previously (sometimes it pays not to throw away your mistakes!!) with a stamp from Inkadinkado and adhered them to the framents using Ranger Glossy Accents. Since I did not have any foil to make the top of the ornament, I painted the toppers using my gold Krylon paint pen (this is quickly becoming a favorite tool!!). I stamped the Pine Boughs from Just For Fun using SU's craft Forest Foliage and then clear embossed. Using various Distress inks (I believe I ended up using Fired Brick, Pine Needles and Vintage Photo) I sponged on the background color. In the bottom corner I used one of T!m's mini masks to make a flourish. Tried to lightly swipe Mememto Tuxedo Black over SU's French Script, but I must have a heavy hand as it stamped darker than I was hoping for!! Then my new favorite "embellishment": Tattered Angels Glimmer mist was spritzed in Old lace and Pearl over the tag. It adds just the right amount of shimmer IRL!! The fragments were hung on the tag with care (...sorry....couldn't resist!!) and then I cut apart a brushed copper Spellbinders Fleur De Les pendent that I had already cut out from my previous 3D ornament project. I deliberately let the edges hang past the tag. Tied off with a small bit of brown ribbon and copper cording and DONE!!
*Some notes: In hind sight, I would probably have embossed the pine boughs in a thicker embossing powders so that they would show up more. I would have also toned down the brushed copper paper with some alcohol inks but it would seem that SOMEBODY used up all her felt pads making multiple sheets of the plaid technique!!). And last~~I would stamp off the French Script for a more subtle look
Thanks for dropping by again today!! I'm having sooo much fun trying some of these new ideas that T!m is sharing!! It's fun to explore new creative adventures!!