Thursday, February 12, 2009

To Teach is to Touch Lives....

..........and come in contact with lots of kiddo germs!! BWHAHAAA!! So, for the teacher valentine gift, may I present, HAND SANITIZER with a lovely altered bottle?!!
Once again, I wish I could take credit for this project, but alas!! NOPE!! I "borrowed" it from here:

(DH keeps telling me that there are no "original" ideas, just adaptations of the ideas already born....going to keep telling myself that since I haven't had an original idea in a while!!(snort)
Once I figured out what I wanted to do this was easypeasy (yeah...I first had thought of doing smaller scalloped circles in two different shades....then it just seemed like too much work. But, of course, I didn't decide that until after cutting out several small scalloped circles first (insert major eye rolling here_________). I used a Spellbinder large scalloped circle in my Big Shot, then did direct to paper with my ink pad to give it some "leaves". Tree trunk is hand drawn with some DTP (direct to paper) and squiggle lines. Used my cuttlebug/apple/book die for the apples and leaves (yeah~those little, tiny, ittybitty leaves were put on there by hand!! Can we say "fine motor skills required?!"). The sentiment was found online and printed out on my computer (and I just cracked myself up with the irony of it!!). The "grass" was just hand squiggled (the word for the day) and cut out. Everything was adhered with red liner. Added a little twine and WAH-LAH!! A cheap (and now quick) teacher gift!!
Supplies used: Paper: SU Gable Green, Close to Cocoa, Real Red. Inks: SU's Gable green classic ink and Chocolate chip marker. Accessories: Spellbinders large scalloped die, Sizzix Big Shot, Cuttlebug (machine and apple die), red liner tape. sponge daubers

2 comments:

Stef H said...

Another great idea. Boy, I'm glad I found YOU! You find some doozies (and I mean GOOD doozies). Thanks a bunch!

Carolyn King said...

super cute. you did a great job!