Monday, February 9, 2009

And the Sleet has turned to Snow

I know that many of you live in snow and it is a "so-what". I grew up in snow (lived the first 16 years of my life in Wyoming, then Colorado and the first two years of collage were in Nebraska....so I do know what it is like to live in snow!) But, we RARELY get snow in our little corner of Southern California (and let me just say that is FINE with me!! hehe)

Here is some pictures of my back yard taken just a couple of hours after the sleet pictures. Like the lake that is my kid's playyard? The ground is saturated, but we need it. The snow is that real wet, slushy snow. Not too worried about the roads (yet) as the ground is too warm for it to freeze into ice (at this point anyways!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just yucky and slushy "down" here! So much prettier up the hill...must be why you paid the big bucks!!! hee-hee ~Kerney