Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Future

How's the weekend going for you all?  While cruising through blog land yesterday, I came across Moxie Fab World's Grey is the New Black challenge.  And no, this will not be entered in that challenge!!

Why is it, that I own multiple ink pads in various shades of blue, red, brown, yet lack any grey ink pads?!! Actually, after I had stamped the main image of this card, I remembered that I did own ONE grey ink pad....Adirondack's Slate.  So I used that on the sentiment.  Which I stamped crooked despite using my stampamajig. 

Sigh. 



The base is a 5x5 piece of Pure Luxury card stock from Gina K.  The stamp is from PaperArtsy.  I stamped the image using Encore Silver metallic ink and embossed with silver embossing powder. There is light shading using my copic marker along one side of the cage and bottom to "ground" the image, which does not show up in this photo at all.  

 I then stamped the image again on a scrap piece of SU's Riding Hood Red and cut out the little birds and clear embossed them. I used a Quickie Glue pen to attach them over the first bird layers.  I then inked the sentiment (from the same set....Hot Pick 1004EZ) with Adirondack Slate and then used my SU Ruby Red marker over the word "one" to make it stand out. 

In all honesty, this card did not meet the expectations of the design idea in my head. I think it is the silver embossed cage. I don't know. Somehow, it just lacks the look I was going for. I may just have to redo it again since I have now found my grey ink. BUT! I made it, I posted it. I'm moving on from it!

Till then................remember, not all creative journeys are winners, but you will have a better idea as to which road needs some work if you are willing to travel.

6 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

And I think the coolest part of the card is the birdcage!

Sylvia said...

You did get busy, Starla! This card is wonderful. Not too many people have gray anything. I had no gray ribbon or any other embellishments. That was a hard challenge...kind of dreary!

Glenda said...

I too am partial to that birdcage! I love that you did it in silver. Don't be so hard on yourself!

CuddlyBunny said...

Add me to the cage-loving list! I think your card is beautiful!

Carolyn King said...

you are so funny. I like it---AND the silver cage. It is such a cool look with those red birds.

Sometimes you make something and don't like it yourself...but others do! Glad you posted it because i think it is very pretty!

Beate said...

Say what? I think it's gorgeous! I wonder how much more beautiful it was in your head?

Hugs and smiles