Today I've TWO projects to share using Darcie's Cardinal Ornament and Darcie's Meghan Acrylic Ornament Frame. Between the two, there are so many possibilities that my brain is about to blow a fuse!!
I'll begin with the card. The base is a top folded piece of Pure Luxury. The rich red paper is from My Mind's Eye Holly Jolly. That is mounted on a small mat of basic black. The frame was stamped with Stazon Metallic Gold unto TenSecondStudio's Pearl Metal, I then used my paper stump and refiner to recess the back of the frame to add depth. The music block was stamped onto a scrap piece of vanilla with Distress Ink in Antique Linen and sponged lightly around the edges with Distress Vintage Photo. Using my stampamajig, I stamped the sentiment with Distress Fired Brick. The sentiment panel was adhered to the metal using Sticky Tape.
The cardinal was stamped onto another piece of scrap vanilla Pure Luxury and sponged with Distress Wild Honey on the beak (I just used the edge of a foam piece) and Fired Brick. The image was then clear embossed and cut out. The branches are from a Martha Stewart punch. The Toad (who is becoming my life line when I get stuck on cards) came up with the idea to add the white embossing powder sporadically on the branches to give them the look of having been snowed upon. I used my Versamarker randomly on the branches and then heat set the white embossing powder. Tiny 1/2 pearls were customed colored with my Copic marker to make the berries. The elements were adhered to the metal using Tombow Metal glue.
Here is a close up showing the depth of frame and layers
The ornament is a "shadow box". The base acrylic layer was covered in the same Holly Jolly paper as the card. I used Glossy Accents to adhere the paper to the acrylic. I again stamped the music block from the Cardinal Ornament set onto vanilla Pure Luxury with Antique Linen. I traced around the inside of the oval frame and cut and sponged around the edges with Vintage Photo. The Noel sentiment was stamped using Fired Brick. Two layers of chipboard and the other acrylic later were glued together using more Glossy Accents.
The front (and back) of the ornament were traced onto more Pearl Metal and cut out using paper snips. I cheated just a bit on the stamping of the music. The included music sheet in the stamp set was just this much to small to go to the edges of the ornament and was lacking in length also. So I pulled out a larger music sheet stamp, from Stampendous, that I have in my collection and stamped the notes again with Stazon Metallic Gold. The metal was adhered with Tombow Metal Glue on the back and Sticky tape on the Front (I wanted to see if there was a difference in how they stuck the metal to the chipboard. The sticky tape obviously sticks right away and doesn't leave much room for jiggle, if needed. The glue seems to be holding just as well, but requires a bit of time to set. If you try to rush it, the metal can slip off. Ask me how I know!)
I sprinkled some of Martha Stewarts Snow Glitter in the recess of the shadow box and then stuck the "cover" of my ornament over the top using more glossy accents. The edges of the metal were then burnished with a paper stump. I then used a combination of a black sharpie and marker to go over all the outside edges of the ornament to blend them together.
The poinsetta was stamped with Archival Jet Black ink onto another scrap piece of vanilla and colored with Copics. It was cut out and covered in Distress Rock Candy stickles. Again, Tombow Metal glue was used to adhere it to the metal.
If you haven't stopped by the other Team members blogs yet, you will want to head over there right away. AND make sure you leave a comment on the EP blog!! I hear there is Darcie goodies to be given away!!
And! This is where the goodies would be!!
Thanks for dropping by again today!! I hope this little hop by the E-Team inspires you to EXPLORE some