Monday, November 8, 2010

MISTER Old Fart

Hey Peoples!! It's a dreary, rainy Monday here.  The moisture is desperately needed, so I won't complain (too much).

Thought I'd share the last of the cards I made for all the birthday's that we celebrated while in Solvang over the weekend. I'll share about the trip in another post.  Like I mentioned before, most of our friends and family tend to look at life from a snarky (but fun!) point of view.  Once again Bugaboo Digi's came to my rescue.  Here is my Old Fart for an old Fart!


Pretty self explanatory.   Sized and printed the Old Fart onto Georgia Pacific 110# and colored with my Copic Ciaos.  My printer liked this paper better, but I have to say, I much rather use Gina K's Pure Luxury.  What a difference!  This paper bleeds with copics, so it wouldn't do for a one layer card.  The texture is not as smooth (or luxurious, hehe) as the Pure Luxury.  BUT!! It did the job. 

The image was matted onto SU's Night of Navy.  The design paper is from Making Memories Just Chillin' pack.  Another mat layer of Night of Navy.  Base is a 5 1/2" square made of SU's Kraft (now called Crumb Cake, I believe).  The buttons are from Basic Grey's Granola line (I think.  I have had them in my stash forever).  They look much darker in this late night photo than in real life.  I added some hemp twine and adhered them with glue dots. 

The inside: 


Hate to cut this short, but I need to get my rear in gear and get ready for work!!  Thanks for stopping by again today!!  Remember~~make time for creativity.  It makes the world go round!!  Till next time......

4 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

That's so cute! You are very creative.

Glenda said...

I could definitely use this image and sentiment!!! Your card makes me LOL! My sister and I usually do this kind of cards for each other and she never, NEVER, lets me forget I am OLDER than her!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Starla! I LOVE that image, and the one on your previous card. I must pay that site a visit, it looks like there are some really fun images to be had! x

Beate said...

Oh my goodness. This is hilarious! LOVE the image, your coloring and the sentiment!

Hugs and smiles