Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tassled Congrats

Hey Peoples!!  Anyone else going crazy with the last hoopla days of school?!!  Fairly quick post (because we all know I can't keep from babbling on and on) today. 

Needed a graduation card and the sketch challenge on SCS today was the perfect jump start to get it done.


Here is my take:



I flipped the sketch, putting layer 4 at the top and sttrrreeetched the layout to a 6x6 card.  The graduation cap is a bulletin board die that I modified so that I could hang a homemade tassel from (you'll be seeing more of these when I post the 8th grade gift bags!! This is an extra one).  The year was made using TenSecond Studios Bingo mold andRock Star black metal.  I filled in the back with some embossed metal backing paste to help prevent the metal from bending so easily.  The paste also gave me a hard surface to attach the year to the tassel. 

The colors are our school colors.  The red paper is Brazil (hmmm.....can't remember what shade, sorry!!) and I layered the b/w vellum swirls over some Georgia Pacific 110# paper. The "Congrats" are some OLD alphabet stickers that I have had in my stash from scrapbooking days.  A CAS with some POP!! 

Thanks for dropping by again today!!  I'm off to get some more items check off the ever growing To Do List!!  Remember to take time for some CREATIVITY in your day!!


1 comment:

Stef H said...

now THAT would go in an album for sure! it's fabulous!