Friday, June 18, 2010

Pots of Color

Hey Peoples!  Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?!  Had another week of covering for a vacationing therapist.  After 9 to 9+ hour days at work, my mojo just went into hiding.  Actually, I wouldn't know if it was hiding~~I was too tired to even try to pull it out! LOL!!

I did manage to find enough of the creative partner to participate in this weeks Just For Fun Friday Color Challenge.  This week Sherry has challenged us (and that includes YOU!) to the following colors:


I decided to pull out one of my favorite techniques for this one:  coloring!!!  And coloring with copics is just AHHHHHHH!!  LOL!! Here is my take on these colors:

                                     

I stamped this great image Petunias from Just For Fun® on Gina K's white pure luxury, using Memento Tuxedo Black.   I actually pulled up pictures on the good ol' Internet to see how the shading of yellow petunia's were.  And nothing sets off yellow better than cobalt blue in my opinion!! I LOVE cobalt blue!! I have several large pots this same color throughout my house and yard.  The picture was then matted on some scrap white and basic black with the corners rounded using SU's corner rounder punch. 

The card base is also pure luxury card stock.  Not only is it a WONDERFUL paper for coloring (no bleeding through with this paper!!), it is very sturdy and makes for a great base layer.  I ran the base through my new T!m Holtz Bricked Texture Fades Embossing Folder. 

While I decided that I was going to keep this pretty CAS (clean and simple) due to the lack of energy for anything else, I just felt that the layout needed a bit more of a PUNCH.  To the rescue comes my good cyber friend Anne Ryan.  If you follow the link, you will see Anne's lovely gallery on SCS.  Anne can tie a bow like no other (and totally UNlike me!!).  I happened to mention to Anne several times how much I love her bows.  Well, one day I received a wonderful package of pre tied bows. In the package was this fabulous ribbon all tied up and ready for me to use it. " WAIT!!", you yell at me,  "There isn't a bow on this card!" Well....peoples, this will just prove to you how ribbon challenge I am! LOL!! I loved this ribbon but for the life of me, I could not get the large bow to work with this image as it pretty much covered the card.  Sooooo, I (gasp) took the bow apart and used the ribbon as a matting element.  While I'm sad I could not show off one of Anne's beautiful bows on this card, I am sooo glad she shared a bit of her stash with me as I think it added just the PUNCH I was looking for!! Supplies:  Stamps:  G3161 Petunias from Just For Fun®.  Inks:  Copic markers.  Paper:  Gina K's Pure Luxury, basic black.  Accessories:  Texture Fades by T!m Holtz/Sizzix, Big Shot and the wonderful ribbon from Anne!!

Now, remember~~the challenge is open to all, with or without Just for Fun Stamps.  And to add to the incentive of playing along with us, there is a possibility of you being chosen to receive 25% off your next order with Just for Fun!  For some more inspiration, make sure you visit the other designer's blogs:








and

I'm actually at work again today (isn't modern technology wonderful?!) but I'm hoping to get some creative time in over the weekend.  My kiddos have been gone all week with their grandparent's touring the country while the Toad and I have been at the work grind (how does THAT happen?!!).  They return sometime Sunday and I know that they will have so much to share that I won't get any stamp time once they hit the front door!

Thanks for dropping by again today.  I hope that you find the time to EXPLORE some CREATIVITY this weekend!!

10 comments:

Glenda said...

Starla, love your card! You do copics very well!! Love your shading around the image and the texture behind the image!! You seem to be very creative!

Alexandra said...

Starla, I just thought I'd say I think this is so pretty. I love Petunias, and you've used these colours together beautifully.
hugs
Alexandra

Anonymous said...

You forgot who told you to use the bow material, ahem

Broni said...

Gorgeous card, Starla!! I love the blue pot and that great yellow ribbon! I see you used the Tim folder for your background (wink, wink!). Very cool!!

Margarita Ybarra said...

Very pretty cards Starla. I want that Tim Hotlz texture folder, I love it!

Terre said...

What a beautiful card, love all of the details, glad you are back with us.

Unknown said...

Your Copic work on this card is awesome! Great Job!

Ink Stained Roni said...

Lovely!! The image is so pretty...they are beautiful!!

Sylvia Nelson said...

Hi Starla,
Love your card! That beautiful yellow flower makes me smile! I awoke to no internet, cable or phone! Fiber optic line cut. So until now, my day has been busy, but peaceful! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!

Teresa Kline said...

this is so very pretty, I luv the colors together...have a fantastic week!

enjoy *~*