Are you all sitting down? Because I'm about to share ANOTHER project that I did yesterday!! (I know, I know! I spoil you all with sooo many goodies!! BWHHAAAAA)
I believe I mentioned yesterday that my kids were not going to go trick or treating (sob, sob). But I wanted to make them a little goodie bag of some type. When I saw this tutorial for the pillow box bucket on SCS, I had a WONDERFUL idea pop into my head!
Now, this will require some setting of the scene. Close your eyes. Imagine a night with the moon full. Just a few wispy clouds to add to the feeling of mystery. In a old Victorian style house, a middle age woman, dressed in flowing dark robes stands over the stove top, over a large black cauldron, with an intricate design on the side, stirring. Wisps of steam bubble up and over the sides. In the steam it seems as if shapes are appearing.
And from this vision, something TOTALLY different appeared!
I actually started with the grey bucket. I had wanted to stamp the skull image from SU's From the Crypt with a glue pad onto black paper and use fine black glitter on it, just giving a hint of the image along the sides of the bucket. All those wonderful details got lost so I then stamped the image in versamark and used black embossing powder. Cool!! Except you could barely see the black on black (yes, I know that is what I actually wanted, but this is for a 12 y/o and a 9 y/o boy. Do you think that they would actually NOTICE this subtle detail?!! No. I didn't either). I then pulled out some of the dp from SU's Cast a Spell pack and cut the pillow box again and adhered to the black layers to give the dp some strength. I then stamped the images using versamark and embossed using black embossing powders. The string for the spider's web was done using my versmarker and was embossed with the same black ep. Then, I had the idea to have the bats flying out of the bucket with some billowing foam below them. Stamped the bats 6 times (they actually line up pretty good with the image facing out on each side) and took a thin strip of transparency to hold them up in the air. Then I had floppy bats leaning off over the sides vs flying high over the bucket. I then filled the bucket with all the goodies (gummy eyeballs, gummy spiders and worms and some wonderful chocolates!) hoping that they would help hold the transparency picks upright. Nope. So I then cut another 4" circle to make a lid over the goodies, cut down the strips to a shorter length and used torn black tissue paper to help hold the bats in place (tried using a bit of liquid applique. There was not enough in that little tube to get the effect I wanted. The white tissue paper didn't look good either. It looked like white tissue paper vs. foam).
For the second bucket, I decided to just use SU's Old Olive cardstock and stamped/embossed the images as above. I then took my Old Olive stamp pad and rubbed it over the images/paper to give it some texture. I filled the bucket again with the goodies and made another lid. This time I took some thin 26 gauge wire and poked a small hole in the lid. Bent over the wire and adhered a stamped/embossed spider with a glue dot. Added that tissue paper again and called 'er done!
The boys claimed the buckets were cool (which is all that should matter vs what my idea was!). DH wanted to know where his was (told him I saved him some candy and that next year I would make him a treat bucket also!)
Supplies: Paper: SU's basic black, old olive, Eggplant envy (for the bats and spider), Cast a Spell dp. Stamps: SU's from the Crypt. Inks: Versamark and versamarker, old olive. Accessories: Sizzix Pillow box die, Big Shot, Black embossing powder, heat gun, thin wire, transparency, tissue paper, glue dots
Thanks for stopping by again today. I'm back in my office working on another project(shocking, I know!! If I'm not careful, you all just might come to expect goodies each day!! BWHAHAAA!!)