Monday, November 23, 2009

On Your Mark, Get Set.....

..........GOOOO!!!!

Howdy Strangers! Been forever since I've been here!  Yes, yes.  I know that you are use to my flakiness, but that does not mean that each week I don't strive to do better!! I will only offer this explanation (versus an excuse)~~It would seem that when one is the on-call therapist, that same therapist might THINK she is only scheduled for ONE day of work in a week, but will actually end up working ALL week.

Ok...enough blabber.  On with the goods!!

I'm going to show you two different versions of this card.  The first one is the original.  The second I added a folded piece of Wild Wasabi under the transparecny (it is not attached as I like the fact that I can change the look of the card easily)  Personally, I like both of them. 






Today's card is actually very simple, but I like it.  It was inspired by one of my mother-in-laws trees (yes, she has two).  She has one tree that is her "rustic" tree and is covered with bronze and gold(ish) ornaments that are all in the theme of the outdoors (pinecones, birds, leaves....).  I used my new Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Pendent and cut out two pendent frames using brushed copper cardstock.  I then stamped the Small Pinecone Ornament from Just for Fun Stamps  twice on a scap piece of the copper cardstock with SU's craft chocolate chip ink and embossed using iridescent ice.  I then taped down the pendents on a piece of 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of transparency (I use Office Depot's write on transparencies).  Then carefully, I held my breath as I used my stampamajig to stamp the Merry Christmas using Timber Brown stazon directly onto the transparency (the seniment was masked off so that I could "split" it on either side of the bottom angle of the pendent).  I used some more iridescent ice to CAREFULLY emboss the words to give them a little sparkle.  The transparency did warp a tad, but nothing to stress about.  I then colored a couple of self adhesive rinestones with my copics and DONE!!

This card was actually inspired by another project that I'm woking on.  Got almost done and realized that I don't have the perfect embellishments for it.  I'm hoping that I can  run to JoAnn's soon (I'm dreading the thought of doing it on Black Friday, but I just might brave the horror of shopping on that day just for you, my dear and faithful readers!!).

Until then~Thanks for stopping by again!! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING and please remember~~we are FREE to celebrate THANKS to all the men and woman who are serving in our armed forces to ensure that!!

No comments: