Sunday, February 19, 2012

Measuring Life

Hey People!  I'm excited to be posting today as a guest designer for the CAS challenge on SCS!  Today's challenge is to use stitching or faux stitching in our projects.

Now, it just so happens that I'm deathly allergic to sewing (my aplogies to my Home Ec teacher, Ms. D.).  While I can sew on a button, It will usually take me several months to get that chore done.  So, rather than keep everyone waiting, I went with the faux stitching!


  The Toad thinks I failed this challenge as I added embellishments. Personally, while I liked the card with just the sentiment panel, I felt that the flowers added bit of needed color. 

The card base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Pure Luxury Ivory.  The sentiment panel is also Pure Luxury Ivory that I distressed the edges and inked first with Distress Antique Linen, then along the edges with Distress Vintage Photo.  The sentiment is from TenSecondStudios stamp set Life, which was stamped with Distress Gathered Twigs.  I just randomly poked holes along the edges with a needle and faux stitched with a SU Creamy Caramel marker.

The rolled roses were die cut with Spellbinders scalloped circles out of My Mind's Eye Madison Avenue.  I free cut the spiral and inked the edges with Distress Victorian Velvet before rolling the roses.  The leaves are Sizzix's Branch with Leaves die and were cut out of Basic Grey's Sweet Threads. 

A shout out to the weekly CAS DT gals for allowing me to be a guest designer this week!! Thanks girls!!

Well, I'm one of the unlucky ones who had to go to work today, but I hope that you get an extra day of creating!  'Till next time................look for moments that take your breath away today!!

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Well you may have added flowers, but the whole effect is lovely! I would not have guessed it was faux stitching, either! Very nicely done!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful card...love your faux stitching. I am a little allergic to sewing too. Can only use my Janome mini...otherwise has to be done by hand. :( Your card is awesome!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Starla and your stitching looks real! Sorry about working, wish everyone could retire and the offices would be empty and the pockets full! Have a wonderful day.

Deborah Anton said...

Beautiful card!! I love the faux stitching... I think your home ec teacher may not know the difference! : )

Micki said...

Totally gorgeous and I love the flowers. Really like the sentiment panel with the distressed edges. I had to work too - no 3 day weekend for me :-(.

hugs