Saturday, June 11, 2011

Grungy Thanks

How is the weekend starting out for you all?!  A couple of weeks ago I just kept telling myself that I just had to get through till the end of school and things would slow down.

Someone forgot to inform,what is my reality, of that fact.

Now I'm telling myself I just have to get through the month of June. 

19 more days.  But who's counting?!

I have been trying to finish up Thank You cards that the Oldest Kiddo needs to send for birthday and graduation gifts he got over the last couple of weeks.  Seeing as these cards are being sent from a teenage boy, and the fact that he needs at least 13 cards, I kept them CAS, with just the right amount of grunge to keep them edgy.





Card base is Gina K's Pure luxury at 4 1/4" x 5 1/4", folded along the side.  I randomly colored the various circles on Tim Holtz's Gunge Cirque with my SU markers in Old Olive, Not Quite Navy and Chocolate Chip, selectively repeating parts of the image to complete the circle strip to the edges of the card.  The sentiment (from Annette Allen Watkins.....beats me.  Have had it in my collection over 14 years!) was stamped with SU's Old Olive.  Round the corners and call 'er DONE!!

That's all from me today!  I have the daunting task of going shopping for an outfit that I can wear to a family wedding next week.  How long do you figure it will take me to find something that will make me look 15 lbs lighter? 

Yeah.  I figure that it is going to be a looooong day with that goal!

'Till then................


6 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is perfect for teens.

mab822 said...

This is a great card. Love the color combo.

Sylvia said...

Love your thank you cards! Thanking people is so important, most people have forgotten that. Good job Starla!

Glenda said...

Think your card is so cute! Sounds like life has totally gotten in your way. Good luck shopping...when you find that dress, let me know the label!

Broni said...

Absolutely perfect, girlfriend!!

Danee said...

I adore the card with Tim's circles. Really unique and pretty.