Sunday, December 5, 2010

Decking the Halls

Well, the weekend is almost over, which will bring us another week closer to Christmas. 

AAAAAACCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I've gotten that panic attack out of the way, I thought I'd share more of the ornaments that I have been making for the office girls.  All of the ornament frames are from Darcie's acrylic ornament frame line.
**I'm going to try and keep the details pretty basic, as I have a limited time factor here. 

First up:  Another frame that was covered in Ten Second Studios Barn Red metal.  Can I just insert here that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS COLOR?!  It is so rich IRL, and is perfect for the holiday season!!

I also love this photo!! What a great shot! Too bad I wasn't the one who took it! hehe

Once again, the metal was cut out and embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  I sanded off the color off the embossed areas to show the contrast of colors. The edges were painted with some Folk Art metallic pure gold acrylic paint.  I used a combination of Claudine Hellmuth's multi medium and Tombo Metal Liquid glue to put this all together. 

The back side: 

Next up is another one done in the same Barn Red metal but this time I painted the edges silver with a Krylon Silver leafing pen.  Did I mention how much I LOVE this color of metal?!!




Basically, everything the same just a different ornament and a different Cuttlebug folder.

Next a couple of smaller ornaments that were altered using MME (my mind's eye) Holly Jolly Paper and Accessories kit


I lightly sponged around the edges with some Distress Fired Brick ink.  Some Martha Stewart Snow glitter on the inside.  Used my Spellbinders Create a Flake to cut and emboss the snowflake from Pure Luxury card stock.  Sponged lightly with more Distress Fired Brick and Bundled Sage ink.  I then misted the snowflake with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist, giving it a slight shimmer IRL. 

For some reason, I had the HARDEST time getting a decent picture of the next ornament.  Have no idea why.  Just something to throw me into a tizzy, I guess. 




Again, the paper is from the Holly Jolly Kit.  The Fun element I added to this one was to alter some of Tim Holtz's Foliage Findings.  I wish I could say I came up with this clever way to alter these, but alas, Tim was kind enough to share on his blog last year and I just happened to remember it in my mental file cabinet and pulled it out.  I first covered the flower and leaves in some paint (Jenni Bowlin Chili Powder was used for the flower and along the edges of the ornament.  The leaves were a couple of different Folk Art paints I have in my stash).  I then covered the flower in Fired Brick Distress Stickles and the leaves in Peeled Paint Distress Stickles.   The center brad was also covered in the Fired Brick Stickles. After it had dried, I just snipped off the prongs and adhered everything with a drop of E6000 glue. 

Close up (blurry, but a close up) of the flower


That was how most of my weekend was spent!!  Two of the girls have yet to send me pictures and may end up with some other little trinket instead! 

I'm off to find my desk again so I can start on the next item to be checked off my list!!  Thanks for dropping by again today!!  Till next time.......

7 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Starla, these are wonderful. As always you work magic with metal. I should come take lessons from you! I tried this, but didn't take to it at all...all of your ornraments are gorgeous!

Darcie Heater said...

Very awesome ornaments, thanks for the inspiration! Great job...love them! :)

kaiandkristi said...

Gorgeous! They're going to LOVE them!

Sylvia said...

What beautiful ornaments, Starla. I with you on christmas getting here too soon. I best get started!

Carolyn King said...

oh my ...gorgeous girl. YOu already enabled me on these...now you are enabling me to use them!!!!!!! fabulous!

Rose Castillo said...

Your ornaments are beautiful!

Beate said...

You rock the metal, girl! I LOVE all the ornaments.
Hugs and smiles