Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baked Alaska

The Toad's grandfather turned 82 last week. Believe it or not, I got a card done in time for the family celebration (notice~I did not say in time for his actual birthday!).



Hmmmmm......this is not the greatest picture! But obviously, the card has been given away and the so-called photographer cannot take another 15 shots to try and get something presentable!!

The image is from Gina K's "You know your old when...." set. I stamped the image in Jet Black Stazon then colored it with my favorite coloring medium of late~~my copic ciaos. Originally I had thought to do a single layer card, in the style of Hallmark's own "Maxine" (who, btw, I absolutely LOVE!! hehe). But I need to replenish my 120# Pure Luxury paper (also from Gina K) which is the absolute BEST for one layer cards (there is NO bleeding on the other side when coloring with markers). So I cut and embossed the image with my Spellbinders nestabilities die. I then covered my base of River Rock with a sheet from the Basic Grey "Granola" paper pack. The beginning part of the sentiment was stamped on a strip of Red Riding Hood Red in craft chocolate chip and the image layered on that.

Now, the buttons (which are also from the Basic Grey "Granola" line) are a hit/miss. I really felt that the whole layout needed SOMETHING and I've been trying to figure out how to use buttons. I sewed some red thread thru the loops and then adhered with glue dots (because, of course, I did not think about buttons and sewing until after my DP was adhered). I don't know. The buttons fill in the space but not in a WOW way that others use buttons. Maybe buttons are just too close to sewing and that is why I can't get them to work (because I AVOID sewing like a plague!!). Inside the rest of the sentiment "Your birthday cake looks like baked alaska" was stamped in craft chocolate chip. Overall personal rating: *** 1/2 out of *****. Supplies: Stamps: Gina K. Paper: Basic Grey "Granola", SU River Rock, Red Riding Hood, 120# Pure Luxury. Ink: Jet black Stazon, craft chocolate chip. Accessories: Copic Ciao markers, Spellbinders nestabilities, Big Shot, Buttons (Basic Grey's Granola), glue dots

Thanks for stopping by again today! I hope you all had an enjoyable but safe long weekend!


No comments: