Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stock tip.....

Remember when I said that everyone should consider buying stock in Barnes and Noble since it appeared that my family was keeping it in business? Wellllll.....buy LOTS of stock in it.

1) Tuesday night went to B&N so DH could buy a new book to take on his weeklong trip with his grandparents. Everyone in the family walked out with more than one book

2) It would appear that yours truely walked out with FOUR books

3) As of 4:18pm I have finished THREE of those books

Obviously I have a reading addiction. I don't seem to have a "type" of book that I favor. I just LOVE to read. I really admire those that can capture my imagination with words (I HATE watching movies of the books I've read....."they" (whoever "they" are) usually miss the MAIN part of the book).

But, I digress. The latest books that made the list:

Janet Evanovich's Fearless Fourteen: Yes, I've read all the other's but Thirteen (don't know why I missed that one). Easy afternoon reading. I find the Stephanie Plum character amusing. Maybe because she bumbles her way through life (kinda like me....but she ends up with two hot guys wanting her and I end up with three guys who put up with me, hehe)

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Here's the books summary: " A heart-wrenching but deeply funny and ultimately uplifting story of family, love, loyalty, and hope--a captivating look at the wonders and absurdities of human life....as only a dog could tell it".
I don't know if I'd say it was deeply funny. But, it grabbed me and made me bawl at the end (got to quit reading books like that. I'm going to make myself look 10 years older with all this crying I've been doing lately over these books)

And Sarah Dunn's Secrets to Happiness. No tears. Good. Kinda scary in that I could see myself knowing (hopefully, not being) the different characters.

Those who can write just amaze me. I sooo wish I had that talent. Just imagine~~the ability to make someone pick up a book and not put it down until it is done because that person just has to know what happens next (ok, ok...I will admit, that sometimes it is an avoidance thing, but hey!!! It still has to hold your attention.....or mine!!)

**********************************
Kids are gone for a week with their grandparents and yes, they took their cameras. How is it that my kids have iPods, digital cameras and yet their mother has neither of those?!!
I did not make any new projects to share while they are gone. I hope that you will stick with me as I share some favorites from the blast from the past. It might be cards. It might be paintings. It might be some "artsy" moments of photography. It might be more book reviews.

Gotta love creativity. It can come in sooo many different areas. Hope you'll join me this next week as I go off the stamping path a bit and do some exploring.

1 comment:

Joan B said...

thanks for the book tips!