Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm glad for Quickies

Hold on to your hats~~I've got ANOTHER card for you today!! Last night while I was skimming through some of my favorite blogs I came across this great card by Jenn Balcer. Immediately I knew that I had to do this easy sketch and which paper I wanted to highlight.


I made my card a 5x5 square as I wanted to show off more of the designer paper by Me and My Big Ideas. The black swirls on this paper are FLOCKED!! OOOOOOO!!! I just LOVE it!! Can't keep my grimy little fingers from touching it!! This is the paper that made me buy this pack!!
I started with a base of Baja Breeze, and then a slightly smaller square of black. Cut my three panels and layered. Customed dyed the large Pretties Kit flower with Baja Breeze reinker and colored the smaller black flower with my black copic marker. Added the ivory pearl......then dug out my Cherished Memories rub ons (that I just had to have and had yet to ever use! (insert rolling eyes here_____)). All in all, I think this card took me about 10-15 minutes to complete (which for me~~ is a record!!) Supplies: Paper: SU Baja Breeze, Prism black, M&M Big Ideas Specialty Paper pack. Inks: Baja Breeze reinker. Accessories: Pretties kit, SU Cherished Memories rub ons.
The weather is cold, wet and gloomy. Which means that DH is not going to be working outside today. He mentioned something about cleaning the house (sigh.....) Guess I should be happy that he'll help ruin my Sunday, BWHAHAAAA!!

4 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh gorgeous card! And your paper is just scrummy!

Kristina said...

Simply gorgeous! And that stamp is so dreamy with the dp!

Kerney Whitman said...

Love the paper and the card! Why do we hoard our rub-ons???? I do the same thing..sigh. so silly!

ANAT S said...

beautiful card