Friday, October 1, 2010

Creative Quandary

It would seem that I have reached a quandary in my creativity.  This is not to be confused with a lack or missing mojo.  My mojo is coming up with ideas left and right.  My quandary is this:  While I like and sometimes, even love, the individual elements of my ideas, I am NOT liking the combination of the elements onto one project.

I have been trying to come up with something for the 300th Sketch Challenge on SCS.  Since Wednesday.  In case the week has passed you by, it is now late Friday night. I had the idea.  I got the parts made.  I DO NOT like the parts as a whole.  I walked away for a day.  I changed the color tone.  I cleaned off my desk.  Still don't like the parts as a whole.  I even tried leaving the sketch portion out of it and just "go with the creative flow".  Zip.  Nadda.  Still don't like it. 

So.  Here I sit, staring at the parts. 

I think I'm going to just put this off to the side of my desk.  And let it haunt my dreams.  And move onto the next idea that has been brewing for several months.  Or maybe I'll just pout and go blog hopping.  Again. 

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I just hate it when that happens! And for me, it comes often and stays late! Myself, I just pout...Hope you do a turnaround soon. I love seeing what you come up with next!