Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Round and Round...

.....the hands on the clock continue to fly! OH MY!!

The household is still adjusting to adding another teenager to the mix.  Funny, the Newest Kiddo drives himself to school, does his own laundry, makes his own lunches, but, yet, there is more time spent going grocery shopping, following up on school work, going grocery shopping, following up on whereabouts, going grocery shopping, following up with teacher's, going grocery shopping.

Not to mention more friends hanging out after school on Friday's.  Which is fun.  And noisy.

I still haven't gotten my crafting area set up.  I have SO MUCH JUNK  craft supplies that need to be gone through, purged, or boxed up to be given away. The thought is rather overwhelming, and so, I look for any little distraction to keep procrastinating facing the task full on.  I just keep picking at it instead.  Yes, continue to stay tuned.  I'm thinking big ol' blog candy boxes are going to be hitting the post office soon.  

And no crafting area means no creating.  BUT! Lucky, lucky you!  I have a card I made just prior to the Christmas holidays to share today.

It would appear that all teenage birthday celebrations are to be last minute. And since this particular celebration happened two days before I hosted Christmas Eve dinner for the family, quick, clean and simple were the only options for the makings of this card.


Basic details:  Top fold 4.25x5.5" Pure Luxury card base.  TenSecond Studios Peacock metal embossed with embossing folder.  Burnished off the color of the metal on the raised portions.  Adhered to base with TSS Humungo tape.  Stamped the sentiment from a retired SU set.  Slapped an iTunes gift card on the inside and sent the Oldest Kiddo off to the party!!

While this card was made for a teenage boy, switching out the metal color, maybe adding a little bling on the sentiment flag and wahla!! Teenage girl card!!

Okay. I am going to FORCE myself to face the pile of crap craft supplies for at least an hour.  

Or, maybe I'll go exercise, clean the kitchen, mop floors instead.

hehe

'Till next time...................

10 comments:

Glenda said...

As always this is wonderful. Just think what you could do if you had more time! Although the sound of boys running feet toward the kitchen can be music to your ears. Enjoy your shopping! Good luck with your purge!

Beate said...

Your card is perfect for a teenage boy.
Hugs and smiles

CuddlyBunny said...

Wonderful card! LOVE the texture!

... I think you should have a glass of wine ... teenagers don't care if the floor is clean!

Gail Dixon said...

Ha, yes, with growing boys, I'd imagine that grocery shopping is a neverending chore! Hope it's all going well. I'm sure it's an adjustment, but it sounds like it's going pretty smoothly. Another lovely card creation, Starla!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Starla, love the metal! I think you should make a card out of whatever you first pull out of the box as you are sorting! A scrappy card, we would call it! Glad you are able to provide the home and I know that it is challenging at times, or all the time, but there are rewards for the good deed you do! Have a wonderful Thursday, I am sure it will be a busy one!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is wonderful! Isn't it amazing what you can do with metal and an embossing folder? Why didn't I think of that? I wish I could help you set up/organize your new space. I love doing that sort of thing.

Stef H said...

your creations ALWAYS take my breath away; your stories ALWAYS make me LOL. now, BEFORE you throw anything crafty out... ALWAYS ask me if i want it FIRST.

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Carolyn King said...

Love the fabulous colors and texture of this card----> perfect for a teenager!

Micki said...

girl, you should see my area. I gave up once I heard IKEA is opening up in KC in 2014. hehehehe. As for your card - it's gorgeous in a awesome masculine way. I bet the recipient loved it!

PS: Yes, I almost was going to color a couple of the embossed hearts. Again, soul sister - thinking alike, it's almost spooky, lo. Cyber hugs!

dawnmercedes said...

I like the metallics on this one!