Friday, November 9, 2012

Vintage Rose

October 30.  Uhhh.  It would seem that I feel off the edge of the earth for a little bit!

In reality, while I haven't been crafting, I have been creating.

For the Annual Fall Fair:
250oz of homemade caramel.
150oz of Apple Pumpkin Spice dip.
Two pans of brownies, and 100 dipped S'mores marshmallows.

Before I even recovered from that tornado that hit my kitchen, I became "General Mom" and went into over drive, barking orders to the troops, aka The Toad and Kiddo's, to get a layer off the house to host a part for  the Oldest Kiddo's class that got changed to our house at the last minute.

This week, I TOTALLY went the opposite direction of being productive.

Unless you count the four books that I have finished since Sunday afternoon.  Which, for me personally, was a wonderful escape.

But I have warned myself that the mini book vacation is now over.  Time to snap myself back to reality.

My first reality check came in the form of a needed birthday card for my mother in law.  Whose birthday was actually on Tuesday, but will be celebrated tonight.

So, being the Queen of Procrastination, I waited until today to start thinking about it.

While the card took a bit of a different turn than I had originally started out with, I'm happy with the end results.  The card is kicked up a notch from CAS (clean and simple) but not too BAM! Does anyone besides me remember Emeril's cooking show?!



One of my goals this past year has been to use the vast amount of supplies that I already have, versus buying anything new.  I did break down a couple of months ago and bought Donna Salazar's Rose Creations, but justified the purchase with the knowledge that it was TWO YEARS ago released and has been on my wish list since!! 

Basic Details:  Card base is Pure Luxury Ivory (Gina K).  Designer paper is K&Company (oooold, from my stash), Spellbinder dies used for all the die cutting.  Stamp is from SU's retired It's Your Birthday. Tattered Angel's Glimmer mist in Vanilla Bean gives a slight shimmer to the rose.  Rose edges were sponged in Distress ink Victorian Velvet.  Leaves were sponged with Distress Peeled Paint while still in the die.  Bottom corners rounded with 1/2" corner rounder. 




'Till next time................remember to take time to explore some type of creativity, whether it be something that you create or the creative works of others!







9 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful birthday card, Starla, love that rose and the background is perfect! so glad you have been enjoying your kitchen! Have a wonderful weekend!

Glenda said...

Girl.....sounds like when you do something you jump in with both feet! Good for you. Love the card. I use this die for all my roses. Love it and never tire of using it!

Gail Dixon said...

Your MIL is going to love your creation. The colors and layout are wonderful, and the center of the rose is an awesome touch. :)

Beate said...

It made ME tired just listening to all the things you have accomplished. Boy...you were busy!!!
LOVE this gorgeous rose and card.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Micki said...

ohhhh I LOVE it. So elegant and I Love the white card base.

Stef H said...

good golly girl! is there anything you CAN'T do???? i know i don't get here often but when i do... it's always JAW DROPPING. i wanna be like you when i grow up - LOL.

your fair products sound yummy and this card is absolutely gorgeous! i hope you get to "purging" your craft room. as much as we hate to get rid of stuff it feels like a brand new room.

stay well, sunshine! and happy holidays if we don't catch up.

hugs :)

Selma said...

This is gorgeous. Love your flower.

Carolyn King said...

wow...tired just reading this. Tis the season. I am about to get a lot more done in the kitchen than my craft room soon. Sob. I am not a big lover of cooking/baking.
Oh well!
LOVE what you came up with--that card is just gorgeous!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful. Love the colors.