Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Inspired for a Simple Embossed Thanks

Hey People!  I'm still having a hard time finding my mojo.  Yesterday, I spent the ENTIRE day trying to get a couple of technique ideas to work for the next E-Team hop, to no avail.  Frustrated does not begin to express my creative mind right now! haha!!

I decided to step away from that project today and focus on getting some very belated Christmas thank you's done.  Since I need to mass produce a few and considering the fact that they are to be from my kiddos (no girly girl stuff allowed by my boys!), I went with a CAS (clean and simple) layout.  I really liked the CAS Challenge for this week on SCS and used that as my starting point.  I was also inspired by Joan's Tone on Tone Dimension card and added my own twist. 


I spent more time trying to decide on what sized circles I wanted than I did die cutting and embossing the elements for 5 cards! HA! Go figure!! 

Deets:  Card base is Pure Luxury Ivory.  Circles are from scap PL Ivory and were die cut using Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities. Embossed with a Cuttlebug folder Diamonds.  The sentiment was die cut using Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet (this is a bonus die with the set). from SU's Taken with Teal card stock. 

EASY! 

I'm going to go finish assembling the rest of the cards.  Then take a deeeeep breath and go back to work on another technique idea. Make sure and check back on Friday to see if I got anything to work! haha!

'Till then................remember that not all ideas are destined to work.  Failure is the stepping stones to success.

4 comments:

Stef H said...

hey sweetie! oh i just love CAS and this is absolutely beautiful! oh hell... everything you do is always beautiful to me!

xmas thank you's? really? you are well-bred my dear.

anyway, happy new year and always good to see you.

hugs :)

Glenda said...

Very nice cards for the boys! Good luck with your creations..can't wait to see what you come up with!

Gail Dixon said...

I agree wholeheartedly with that last line! Failures are unfortunately a necessary process for any creative person. Hang in there! Looks like you are well on your way to getting your mojo back!

Sylvia said...

Love this CAS card, Starla, especially the embossing! You will work your way through the frustrations and find another light!Have a wonderful day.