Sunday, January 8, 2012

And 2012 is off to a Roaring Start

Hey Peoples!  The first week of January is done.  Have you found your groove yet?!  This  past week has been spent getting back into the schedule of school, sport practices and games and deal with  a stomach bug that hit the household.  Well, actually, it just hit me.  But! When mom is down, it affects everyone!!  The bummer part of this particular bug was, I wasn't sick sick to my stomach.  Just had  pain and slight nausea everytime I ate.  So, I didn't eat. 

Now, that sounds like an ideal way to quickly drop a few of those extra holiday pounds. But let me tell you, this is NOT the way to do it. 

Food = Calories = Energy.

No food = No Calories = NO ENERGY at all. I, sadly, am not one of those who can function on a piece of peanut butter toast for the day. 

I also came to the conclusion that the reason those waif thin models lounge in all the photo layouts is because they don't have the energy to stand up.  I am no where near 5'10" and if I can't move on eating nothing, it's no wonder they can't hold themselves upright under all those hot lights.

I may be stretching this comparison a bit between myself and tall, waif thin models.  It is possible that I was starting to hallucinate due to lack of food.  But, I do think it is a plausible theory!!

ANYHOOS!  My lack of energy  was absolutely pathetic.  I'd get up, get the kids to school and go back to bed for a couple of hours.  Then, try to get something small done, such as, unload the dishwasher, and have to rest again.  I didn't even have the energy to spend time looking at Pinterest on the computer. 

I'm telling you, it was BAD!!

But as quickly as it hit me, it went away.  Yesterday I even went hiking for a couple of hours.  AND FELT FINE. 

Go figure. 

So my first week of January was rather a bust.  But I have high hopes for the next 3 weeks. The first step will be to clean off my desk.  While in my energy deprived stupor, I actually came up with a couple of new ideas that I'd like to try.  Exploring something new. 

So, on with my supermom cape (no outfit.  I didn't lose that much weight!) to tackle the laundry and my desk.

'Till next time...............think about exploring something new!!

4 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Awww! Sorry you had such a rough time. Glad you're feeling better.

Glenda said...

Sorry you had the bug! My husband and I had upper respitory infections. Three different rounds of antibotics and lots of blowing and coughing! I was afraid my husband had pneumonia! We are well now but had a rough start! Can't wait to see your ideas take life. Please forgive my spelling, I'm no medical person at all. Hehehe...

CuddlyBunny said...

I think your realization about those poor waif models is absolutely CORRECT! Poor things. :) ha ha.

Glad you're feeling better and am looking forward to your creations (and your stories)!

Happy New Year!

Sylvia said...

Starla, I have several suggestions, my mom used to drink buttermilk whenever she had ails. Now I know that sounds extreme, but my friend will tell you that it works as she was really sick during the fall. Me I can't do it so I eat yogurt and drink warm jello, also for energy eat some honey. This will keep you going at least until what ever has gotten you leaves. I hope you feel better soon, if all else fails see your doctor! Have a better week, hugs!