Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Simple Good-Bye to 2011

Hey People!  Did you all have a great Holiday?  I sure did, even though life has been crazy busy!  Contrary to popular belief, just because it is "vacation" time for the kiddos, the schedule does not stop!  The Oldest kiddo has had basketball tournaments, and both kids have resumed basketball practice this week.  Add to the normal chaos of the Holiday of me working full time covering for all the other therapists wanting to take time off and there has just been NO time for any blogging (or creating, for that matter!!).  But, it's all good!  Busy keeps everyone out of trouble! haha!!

I was originally going to pop in here and share some of my favorite creations from 2011.  But, I decided to nix that idea.  2011 is just that.....2011!! It's time to move on and look forward to 2012! 

So, instead, I'm going to close out the year with a couple of very simple, last minute gifts that I had to make before the Holiday. 

Sometimes, simple is the only way to go. 

First, tags made for some homemade Orange Cranberry Bread that I made to give to the oldest Kiddo's high school teachers.

I baked the bread in $1 ceramic pans that Michael's always carries this time of year.  As the oldest kiddo put it, "the ceramic container's make it look like a better gift than the tin foil pans."  hahha!!  The tags came from an old SU set Christmas Punch.  I colored directly onto the stamp with SU markers in Cranberry Crisp and Old Olive.  Huffed onto the stamp (that really sounds like something you shouldn't be doing!) and stamped onto Pure Luxury card stock and punched out with the matching scalloped punch from SU.

Next, a quick gift set I made for the Toad's step grandmother.  Six cards and envies put into a clear stationery box. 




I used a LaBlanche stamp.  These stamps are so detailed that I think you can get by without coloring (which, I did not have time to do!!). These stamps are silicon on a foam backing.  I will admit, that I had to practice a bit to figure out how to get all the detail to stamp nicely.  Memento ink worked best for me.  And once I put the stamp to the paper, I "walked" my fingers over the entire image area (these stamps have the detailed picture cling on the back of the stamp).  If I tried to put just straight pressure down on the stamp (like I do with a wood mounted stamp), I found that the image often was blurred.  Just stamping left detail out.  So, walking it was!!  The sentiment came from another old SU set All Year Cheer, and was stamped in Wild Wasabi ink. 

I do want to say that I'm so ever grateful for all of your comments and encouragement over this past year! You all make blogging fun and I appreciate the time that you take to share my exploration of creativity.  I look forward to more creative adventures in the New Year!! 

Have a Safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!   

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Happy New Year Starla! Hope 2012 is wonderful and someone else will be taking care of all the extra shifts so that you will have more crafting time! I have great news, my Colin and Kate will have another brother or sister in 2012, a third grandchild for me to love. wishing you all the best!

Glenda said...

It's good to see you are still with us! I almost sent out the dogs. Hoping you can get back to creating again, I love all you do!

Stef H said...

oh i love the card and i'll just bet the bread was scrumptious!

happy, happy new year sweetie. thanks for the many laughs.

hugs :)

Carolyn King said...

Happy New Year!!! love that card---what a great gift set that will be!

Gail Dixon said...

Hoping 2012 brings you a year filled with creativity and blessings!