Sunday, December 18, 2011

From the Desk of......

Hey People!  Are you all ready for the holiday?  I'm a bit closer, but still have a list that is long enough that I might need an extra week to get it all done!  Oh wait...that isn't happening, is it?! 

Thought I'd pop in and share the gift that was made for the Youngest Kiddo's teacher.  She loves personalized gifts and just happened to mentioned how much she loves the vintage look.  Sooo, I put the two together and made a vintage theme box that contains 12 cards/envelopes.

Graphic 45's An ABC Primer  8x8 pad was the PERFECT paper for this project.  I made the box to fit standard 4.25" x 5.5" cards/envies.  I made the box from the cardboard that comes in 12x12 paper packs and adhered the paper with Claudine's matte multi medium.  I cut the ruler from one of the sheets and adhered it to a piece of the scrap cardboard to give it dimension.  I used another sheet of the same image to paper piece some of the books and the top portion of the little girl giving a spankin' and adhered with dimensionals for even more dimension and interest. 

For the personalization, I traced the shape of the paper's image that had ABC on it, and traced it around my personalization that was on the computer on Very Vanilla card stock.  The edges of the box and personalization note were distressed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  I used the same ink to also distress my gingham ribbon.  The apple was die cut with Spellbinders Nested Apples from SU's Riding hood Red paper and shaded with a mixture of Distress Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo.  The highlights were added with Inkssential's white opaque pen and then the whole apple was coated in Glossy Accents.


Showing more of the dimension and the sides of the box

I made three cards of 4 different styles.  All are on a base of Pure Luxury Ivory (which matches SU's Very Vanilla very nicely, but is much more sturdy, which I like for a card base) and measure 4.25" x 5.5".  All the papers are again from the ABC Primer.  The apple die cuts are a Cuttlebug die and all were shaded with Distress Vintage Photo, highlighted with the Inkssentials white opaque pen and covered in Glossy Accents. 




These cards had some scored lines made with my Scor-Buddy to add a bit more interest





SU's More Mustard was used for the solid strip

All the card were CAS (clean and simple) as I did not want Ms. White to have pay any extra postage for added embellishments! 

Geesh.  I just realized that these are not the best photos! This is what happens when one takes the photos on a rainy day and forgets to check the outcome! The bases look white versus vanilla/ivory.  The colors are a bit washed out too....I'd love to re take the photos, but. uhhh, I don't think that it would be proper to ask Ms. White for her gift back!! haha!  Oh well. 

Ok!  That's it for me today!  I'm going to go check my list again and see if there is something else I can check off before calling it a night!! 

'Till then...................


7 comments:

Carolyn King said...

this is postively wonderful starla! what a great gift. That box is wow!

kaiandkristi said...

What an awesome present!!! I'm sure she loves it! I still have my version from several years ago that you made. I have used most, but not all of the cards because I can't bring myself to use the last one. They are just too great :-) And the box mine came in has held up really well after a million moves ;-)

Daisy said...

OOHHH-AAHHH. Lucky recipient. She will love it. Beautiful handmade gift.

Stef H said...

starla, starla, starla!!! only YOU can come up with these gorgeous creations and gift ideas! wow girl! this is fabulous. makes me ALMOST wish i was a teacher!!!!

happy, happy holidays to you and our. may 2012 be filled with many happy blessings.

thank you so much for all the smiles you put on my face and for always staying in touch. i am truly blessed.

hugs :)

Sylvia said...

Starla, this is a fabulous gift and I am sure the teacher will love it. I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday. Hope you get to relax a little. Hugs and wishes for today as well.

dawnmercedes said...

Oh STarla...you really knocked this one out of the park!!

Education said...

Education is not the filling of a pail,but the lighting of a fire. A human being is not attaining his full heights until he is educatedMBA
Systems in chennai
!!r