Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Purse full of Inspiration

Well, the day is almost over and I'm just getting the chance to upload my card for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS.  I found several pieces that I had ideas for, but life is only going to allow ONE for today!!  Here is the piece that I used for my inspiration:
I just so happened to have some new rubber from Just for Fun stamps sitting on my desk waiting to be put away in a binder (A chore that I put off until I cannot stand the mess on my desk any longer!).   PERFECT for this challenge!  Here is my creation:

                            

These images have been presented at stamp shows but will now be on the web site for all you to enjoy too!!  I stamped the the three flower images (D3358 is the largest flower, A3350 is the small orange one and B3356 is the on the bottom edge) using Memento Rich Cocoa ink on Gina K's 120# pure luxury paper in white.  I then pulled out my much neglected copic ciao's and colored the flowers.  Cut out all the flowers and adhered them to a 8 1/2" x 3 3/4" very vanilla base.  I then stamped the butterfly (another new web addition, A3378) using the rich cocoa ink again on the luxury white and colored in using the same color copics as the orange flowers.  Cut that out very carefully and attached by it's little body only, gently bending the wings to add dimension.  Stamped the sentiment (also from Just for Fun) AND MANAGED TO SMEAR A BIT OF INK grrrrrr!!!! Sorry.  I am NOT going to tear this apart and start over at this point! LOL!! Grabbed a small wheel used to emboss metal/clay and made my line of dots that were (kinda) faux stitched using my old olive marker.

Thanks for dropping by again today!!  I've already started another new venture in creativity that I will have to share later on this week!  I'm sooooo excited as this is something that I've been "stalking" for a while and decided to take the first steps while at the SuperCraft show!! 

I'm off to get ready for my evening of watching my kiddos play city league basketball (back to back games....Saturday night entertainment at my house!!).  I hope you all have a great weekend!


3 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

PERFECT inspiration for these images!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card

kaiandkristi said...

Love this one!! It's so cheery :-)

Also, just thought I'd let you know that you inspired me to *gasp* make my own birthday invitations for Kasen's bday party. After much time, effort, and a teeny bit of frustration I got them finished (with a little help from Elisa--hee hee)! I'll post pictures on my blog in a few days after the in-laws are gone and things have slowed a bit again. But just thought I'd let you know that after checking your blog for several months now I couldn't bring myself to send store bought invitations!! Thank you because I loved them and the whole process too!