Thursday, January 15, 2009

Erma Bombeck vs Martha Stewart

Ever try to be Martha Stewart in your creations? Today the Dirty Dozen Gallery opens on Splitcoaststampers. Love it each month. And each month I aspire to create something that is "DD" worthy. But here is my reality. I'm more of a Erma Bombeck kind of gal. I don't make many things from scratch but if I can make it out of a box~no promblemo!! (and if it can be nuked, that's even better!!). I want things to look like Martha made it, but am basically lazy and want it to come easy.

BUT!! Here's the funny thing. In my every day life, somehow I've gotten the reputation of being a "Martha Stewart" (which I just find HILARIOUS, since I "borrow" most of my ideas from either SCS, Martha Stewart herself, magazines, etc.) Soooo, what does that have to do with anything?

Somehow, the "I wanna be just like Martha" said "she" would recreate a project that I had previously made (but on a larger, therefore EASIER scale). Great. Except that for the life of me, I CANNOT get the smaller scale version to work. Talk about FRUSTRATING!! The "Martha" (a.k.a. the devil angel) is telling me that I just need to come at it from another angle and is keeping me up at night trying to find such angle. The "Erma" (a.k.a. the sweet, angel) is telling me to just admit defeat and go buy something that will work for the project instead.

Can't decide who to listen to at this point. Good news is that I have a little bit of time still. Bad news is that I seriously need some major chocolate just thinking about all of this and don't have any.

Stayed tuned to see who wins......

1 comment:

Stef H said...

I'd say this was hysterical when you put it into words - like that, but I can totally relate! Though I've NEVER been a "Martha" kind of girl. My mother ALWAYS said my middle name was LAZY! Of course I surprised her. Now Erma, on the other hand, found comedy in just about everything. Now THAT'S the kind of girl (old lady) I am! So, what I really want to say is.....

this is very well said.