Sunday, January 17, 2010

DaVinci's Imagination

Hello Peoples!!  Hope you are all having a great weekend!!  I was itching to stamp yesterday as life hasn't allowed it at all this week (more on that later, for those who wish to read about it) . Stef is the leader of the Inpiration Challenge on SCS and BOY!! Does she EVER come up with some FABULOUS sites!! This week's inspiration comes from Nell Hill's.  Seriously....I have at LEAST two, if not three more ideas from this site!! LOVED it!!

Here are the two inspiration pictures for my card today:


And here is my card: 



WHAAAT? You don't see the connection?! LOL!!  Let me explain how my brain works (be prepared to be scared, very, scared!! LOL!!)

Believe it or not, I was cleaning up my stamp room and trying to finish the organizing that was started this past summer (what can I say?  I HATE cleaning and am easily distracted from it!!).  I had just put away this  DaVinci Cube set from Just For Fun Stamps and was kind of pondering some ideas to use with it.  Decided to take a break from the cleaning and peek what the inspiration challenge was (I told you I am easily distracted from cleaning!).  When I saw the pictures of the pears/apples, I was struck by the overall background and the wording.  It reminded me of someone's doodlings on a page.  LIGHT BULB!!  Just like DaVinci's doodlings!!! 

I took a scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and of course decided it needed my favorite technique of late~~ wrinkle free distress!!  Seriously, Peoples!!  This technique allows you to make custom papers in ANY color combination that you might need!! LOOOOVE it!!  If you haven't tried it yet, put everythig aside, get out your inks and play with it!!! FUN, FUN, FUUUN!!!

Sorry, back to the subject:  I swiped some Brushed Corduroy, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress inks on my craft pad and spritzed with water.  Smooshed the Very Vanilla cs in the inks~~just once this time, as I was wanting some of the Vanilla to show.  Stamped the images in Peeled Paint and then distressed the edges and applied Frayed Burlap and some more Vintage Photo along the edges.  Matted on a piece of Basic Black and Very Vanilla. 

I have wanted to try the Easel Card for a while now and Beate's video turtorial this week was the perfect nudge to give it a go.  I decided to make my easel card a 5x5 card so I cut a piece of paper 5x10 and scored at 5 and 2 1/2.   I had originally picked out Old Olive as my base but wouldn't you know it!! I'm out of Old Olive sheets and only have scraps.  Pulled out some retired Wild Wasabi and rubbed my Old Olive ink pad directly onto my paper.  I mimicked the front of the card with my sentiment (also from Just for Fun Stamps).  In case you can't read the sentiment it says:  Imagination is more important than knowledge ~~Albert Einstein.  I think DaVinci had this one down to a T!  I then finished off the card with some of
T!m Holtz's gears/wheels from his idea-ology line.  My subtle nudge towards the brain's gears turning with ideas!! (I warned you that the workings of my brain can be scary!!)

For those who wish to know the current life's happenings.....continue on below.  For those who need to get back to their own life's happenings~~Thanks for dropping by again today!! 

****************
  As you may or may not know, I am a part time Physical Therapist in my "other" life. I joke that this allows me to be creative in coming up with "tortureous exercises (per my patients comments) when I can't be creative in the artistic sense of the word.  I am usually the "on call" therapist for my boss.  I don't work a regular schedule, but get called in to cover for the other therapists/boss when they want vacation/sick time etc.  This allows me to still be involved in my kids school activities and volunteer in the classrooms or at the school.  On Tuesday, I got thrown for a loop.  It seems that one of our assistant therapists has been having some anxiety issues and it just came to a head and she requested a medical leave of absence.  My boss asked me if I could cover full time, starting Wednesday.  Being the great boss, he offered the assistant 4-6 weeks at minimum, more if she was responding to treatment and wanted to come back. Sooooo.  I will be working full time for a while.  This means that creating will have to take place either in the evenings~~ while trying to help kids focus on getting their homework done, music practiced and life requirements such as housework/laundry OR on the weekends.  I bought a new Ott craft light to help with the evening creations.  The weekends hopefully will give me at least one day. 

The good news in all of this (besides having some extra $$) is that I have prepared you for lack of posts by already being a flakey blogger.  No promises here Peoples!! But~~in all reality, posts might decrease to once a week.  I'm going to try and get more in.  BUT (there's that big ol' BUT again)....my family needs to come first in the evenings and weekends since I can't be there during the day. 

Soooo~~cross your fingers.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll get EXTREMELY organized and surprise all of us with even MORE creativity!! BWHHAAAAAA

Off to work on another idea (after starting a load of laundry and finding my kitchen!!)  Enjoy the rest of your day!!




2 comments:

Artist said...

i like your story. Creativity without limits.

Joan B said...

first, love that technique. your card rocks. second, good luck working full time. (hint: cook ahead of time!)