Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Distressed Hummingbird

Hey there People!  I have another project up on the eP blog today as April's Guest DT!  This week I pulled out my never used very neglected Distress Stains and played a bit also with the new Distress Paints.    Just to make sure it was a true "mixed media" project, I included pastels and a bit of charcoal too! Add some very rusty skills of sketching, water coloring and I came up with this:



 I hope you will drop by the eP blog  for more step by step pictures and listing of products used!!

'Till next time.............pull out some "neglected" mediums and have FUN!!




7 comments:

Glenda said...

I'm so impressed! This is stunning!

Micki said...

It's awesome. Really love the depth of the bird (coloring). I can't ever get that with any of the stains or sprays. What a perfect morning (work issues) to sneak online and see your wonderful project and see my name. I'm amazed because you definitely inspire me :-)

Gail Dixon said...

Very colorful and fun, Starla!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful piece, Starla, I love your background and of course your hummingbird! Have a beautiful Thursday!

Words and Pictures said...

Saw this over at eP and it's really special, Starla... sorry I'm so late getting round to comment!
Alison x

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is fabulous, Starla!

dawnmercedes said...

The green background is sooo neat! I love the variations and added colors!