Sunday, July 18, 2010

Still Getting Dirty

Hey Peoples!! I hope you are staying cool this weekend!  Though we aren't suffering 116 degree temps like some areas, the 104 is still too hot for me!!  But!! It gave me a good excuse to stay locked up in my little cave yesterday and do some more creating!!

After I finished my Drab to Fab Soap dispenser (seriously People!  I really like this one!! The contrast of the metal against the colors for the alcohol inks is just WOW in  real life) I decided to take a look at some of the other Dare to Get Dirty Challenges and the IC challenge. When I looked at the IC site, Georgie Love, I was most taken with the little row of button flowers at the bottom of the Home page. It seemed the perfect jump start to the DTGD challenge by Ryann Salamon to Embrace the Space (again, the DTGD challenge details will be vague as it is a special forum for those who are Fan Club members on SCS.)  This is what I came up with:



This is a 9 x 4 1/4" card.  Making a card this size really shows how much I need a better set up to take pictures as it barley fit into my background area!!  Someday I'll make myself a photo box and do it like the professionals!

AnyHoos!! Onto the details of the makings of this!! Fairly self explanatory.  I started with a piece of Gina K's pure luxury as I wanted (and needed) a sturdy base of support for the flowers. I paper pierced a single row along the base of the card (actually, DS paper pierced it, he thought it looked like fun to poke holes with my piercer!).  I picked out some various buttons from SU's Playground assortment and then cut some grosgrain ribbon in various lengths in certainly celery and artichoke (or is old olive? hmmmm......).  The leaves were made separately and attached  with red liner tape.  I was going to try and figure out how to pierce the dotted line around the flowers and still keep it nicely spaced when I remembered that I had this wonderfully wavy sentiment from Just For Fun that would give me that  look without the headache of trying to line up my piercing!!  I then used a butterfly rub on from American Crafts and placed one on the card base and one on a piece of  a scrap acetate and cut it out and adhered it by it's little body to give dimension to the the wings. 
Easy Peasy!!

Thanks for dropping by again today!! I think my MoJo has decided to stick around.  I've got a few more ideas brewin' in my noggin and after I do a little bit of cleaning I'm going to see if I can get a couple of them transferred from my brain to actual creations!!  I hope you remember to take time for some creativity in your day!!  Later!!

2 comments:

Stef H said...

oh i just love this! all those little knots that you tied!!! wow! the card is gorgeous!

and you can by OVER to sit outside with me anytime!!!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Starla! I love how you knotted the ribbons to make the stems - inspired!